Where methodology, consistency, and discipline are the keys to success. Currently following Warren Buffett and Jim Cramer.

Exiting JPM

PostTue Dec 31, 2013 4:59 pm

As we are well above our goal of 20 stocks held, and Cramer's last disclosure of owning JPM (JPMorgan Chase & Co) is 4 weeks old today, we exit it until we get a reaffirmation of his trust's position.
Terikan
Site Admin

Entering VALE

PostSun Dec 29, 2013 4:39 pm

I'll admit I'm a bit suspicious of this entry, but a disclosure is a disclosure. Why, you ask? Because it wasn't that long ago that Cramer said "I can't take the pain in VALE". I always thought, especially since he never mentioned it again, that he had sold his position in VALE.

Perhaps not, or perhaps he sees a new opportunity. Either way, we enter at tomorrow's open.
Terikan
Site Admin

Weekly Review

PostThu Dec 26, 2013 9:46 pm

This week is the second big week in a row, trumping even last weeks large 2.13% gain with a 2.8% gain. If this momentum continues, Cramer's trust could start to become a competitor with our other portfolios.

The week saw us expand to 26 positions, something I would not have thought likely, but next week there will probably be at least one exit if not several.

Big Gainers:
RHT: 16%
CIEN: 9%
AXP: 5%
EMR: 5%

GM lost about 1.5% and JCI a half percent down. Market is a rippin and a tearin.
Terikan
Site Admin

Entering PG

PostThu Dec 26, 2013 3:20 pm

We enter PG as our 26th position. Still have until next Tuesday before we have eligible exits, if they aren't ruled out by then.

Having heard Cramer talk about Procter and Gamble on his show many times, I would not be surprised if this is a staple of his Trust, despite the lack of disclosure until now.
Terikan
Site Admin

Entering OXY (Occidental Petroleum)

PostWed Dec 25, 2013 4:17 pm

We have another entry for our Trust tracker, and that is OXY. It's an energy play, so I have to wonder if Cramer sold out of NOV or NBL. NBL has a disclosure this week but NOV is a bit older. We will have to wait to find out.
Terikan
Site Admin

New Entry - NKE (Nike)

PostTue Dec 24, 2013 4:26 pm

Cramer disclosed today that his charitable trust was long Nike.
Terikan
Site Admin

New Entry - HON (Honeywell)

PostFri Dec 20, 2013 6:46 pm

Cramer confirmed his trust owns HON, ending the month-long silence regarding that stock. We enter it today, bringing our positions to 23. FYI our oldest disclosure is JPM on Dec 3rd, so we are still far away from any exits without confirmation of a sell.

Terikan
Site Admin

Cramer's in CAT

PostFri Dec 20, 2013 4:28 am

And now so are we. This brings us back to 22 positions.
Terikan
Site Admin

Weekly Review

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 10:44 pm

This week saw an expansion of our portfolio in order to maintain greater accuracy. We are currently at 21 stocks.

We also saw a big reversal yesterday that has really turned this portfolio around. While it still lags behind other strategies, it is at least in the green now with a small 0.09% return. For a perspective, that's a 2.09% gain over last week.

Surprisingly AAPL was our biggest loser at almost 3%. ADBE, CMI, and RHT all turned out to be good calls by Cramer at gains of 2.4%, 5.1%, and 4.8% respectively. Calls which I doubted publically in posts here. This is why I follow. There were many other gainers like the new AXP position, BAC, and EMR. Undoubtedly the best week in the portfolio's short history, and good timing for finally getting to a level of accuracy I can be comfortable with.
Terikan
Site Admin

Exiting FB again

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Via tweet, Cramer said he'd buy it back 5% down. We are out until next affirmative disclosure.
Terikan
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Leader Portfolios and Trading Systems