Where methodology, consistency, and discipline are the keys to success. Currently following Warren Buffett, Jon Boorman, Jim Cramer and more. We have also developed strategies for following Mad Money calls and Estimize crowd-sourced estimates.

Six Changes

PostMon Jan 20, 2014 4:50 pm

After last Friday's losses, we have big changes in the portfolio with more new entries than we have had in a long time.

Our three big losers are gone, HLF, QIWI, and NUS, so no surprise there.

In addition UA and FLT are gone. Only GNRC survives the big dive. Our final exit of the 6 is NTES, which is likely just bumped down the ladder.

The new entries are ALXN, AMBA, GMCR, LOPE, MANH, MTW. I assume most of these are promotions rather than new additions, though the last 4 are new to us.
Terikan
Site Admin

Weekly Review - January 17th

PostFri Jan 17, 2014 9:54 pm

Our golden goose got cooked this week. We had hit double digits at one point during the week, and then the losses started piling up, bringing down the portfolio by 2.79%, a record for us since we started tracking.

HLF lost about 14% - Starting to feel a little uneasy.

QIWI lost about 28% - Room won't stop spinning.

NUS alone lost about 44% - Well there went my lunch... from yesterday.

Let's not stop there...

GNRC 9% down

UA 6.5% down

FLT 7% down

But hey, ALGN, our winner for the week was up almost 6%

And after all this, I think it's still our top performer, but the QQQ and SPY have done just as well.
Terikan
Site Admin

Monday's Changes - 4 in and out.

PostMon Jan 13, 2014 5:09 pm

We continue shifting in and out of recurring names. I've complained about this a bit before, but now that the portfolio as of today (I don't update numbers in the tracker above until Friday) is into double digit gains, maybe this has worked in our favor more than against. Might be an analysis to run when it gets closer to next rebalance.

We have 4 entries for today, EDU, RGR, VRX, and a completely new one, NTES

Our four exits are AMBA, CELG, INVN, and one we probably won't see again, NOAH
Terikan
Site Admin

Weekly Review - January 10th

PostFri Jan 10, 2014 9:30 pm

There is no other way to put it, the IBD 25 is flat out crushing the competition. Even with the inefficiencies present in tracking the top 25 of the IBD 50, it is simply running all over everything else here.

The main reason I started this site was to provide a way for people to stop trying to do their own stock picking, and looking at the returns we are garnering through following various leaders, it's plain to see that you would be hard pressed to find someone who could accurately say they could do better than this. Especially considering the number of holdings, where getting lucky with one or two picks isn't going to make the difference it would in a portfolio of only 10 or 15 stocks.

Why pretend that you can do better, that you are right when others are wrong, when you could simply be following and gaining? Sometimes it's hard to swallow pride, but you either want to prove something or you want to make money.

All that said, I do realize it's a party on the trading floor, and when the punch bowl is gone, we could feel a lot of pain, but that goes for all long portfolios.

Onto this week's movers. NOAH was down big at 9% down, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it cut Monday. JAZZ, ACT, and XRS made big gains at 7.3%, 7%, and 6.5% respectively.

ALGN, SAVE, FB, YNDX all made multi % gains and are worth noting as well.
Terikan
Site Admin

One change this week, exit RGR enter INVN

PostMon Jan 06, 2014 3:58 pm

RGR was entered last week, and now is gone already. INVN is a new name to our portfolio.
Terikan
Site Admin

Weekly Review - January 3rd

PostFri Jan 03, 2014 9:27 pm

Despite some market weakness this week, the IBD 25 portfolio continues making gains, pushing up to 8.24% total return.

Re-entry in AMBA paid off with a 17% gain so far. DDD is our other big performer. NOAH and FB took big hits, just not big enough to hold us back.

Rest of the portfolio experienced relatively small moves.
Terikan
Site Admin

Re: Rankings?

PostTue Dec 31, 2013 9:32 pm

bn0world wrote:Where can I find out where the new enter stocks rank on the IBD Top 25 Equal Weight Portfolio? For example, RGR entered on 30 Dec, but where does it rank?

If you find that out you'll be more informed than I. Outside of subscribing I do not know. You can infer because of multiple entries/exits that it likely floats somewhere around 25, but having no real experience with their list, I can't even say that for sure.
Terikan
Site Admin

Rankings?

PostTue Dec 31, 2013 8:13 pm

Where can I find out where the new enter stocks rank on the IBD Top 25 Equal Weight Portfolio? For example, RGR entered on 30 Dec, but where does it rank?
bn0world

Monday's Changes - Exit EDU enter RGR

PostMon Dec 30, 2013 7:54 pm

One of the smaller changes we've had for a while, we replace only EDU with RGR.
Terikan
Site Admin

Weekly Review

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 10:44 pm

This week we saw a moderate gain of 1.7% We entered AMBA, AWAY, and HLF. AMBA had a big move on the week, and we were able to capture 9% of it's gain. XRS and DDD also posted 9% gains on the week. NOAH is the only name that fell 2% or more. The market took a breather today, after some big gains.
Terikan
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Leader Portfolios and Trading Systems