Where methodology, consistency, and discipline are the keys to success. Currently following Warren Buffett, Jon Boorman, Jim Cramer and more. We have also developed strategies for following Mad Money calls and Estimize crowd-sourced estimates.

Weekly Review - June 18th

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 9:19 pm

Thanks to some market strength, and general strength of the current holdings, this is the first portfolio this week to report gains over last week.

It's not all rosy though. SPWH lost 10%. PE lost 7.37% KORS also fell 4.77%. Our biggest winner this week was CVE at 4.89%. The strategy averaged a gain from the abundance of green names rather than big movers.
Terikan
Site Admin

Trading EL in for IPG

PostTue Jun 17, 2014 7:22 pm

EL fits our requirement for exit, so we are selling it in favor of a stock from our list of buys, first one up is IPG.
Terikan
Site Admin

Two exits and new entries.

PostMon Jun 16, 2014 8:55 pm

It's disappointing, but we must exit GOOGL today as well as one of our older entries BA. We have a lot of stocks waiting, but first up are KATE and ALL.

Added to the list is ANET, APA, BOBE, and RH
Terikan
Site Admin

Weekly Review - June 11th

PostWed Jun 11, 2014 9:14 pm

Was another strong week in the market, marking the third review in a row with strong gains. Not since the drop in March has the total return been at these levels. Let's hope we are past that kind of pain.

Notable Movers: SPWH is down 4% on the week. It had fallen much lower, but recovered about half of it's losses during Wednesday trading. VIPS soared up 9.27%, HRB is up 7.74%, and MU is up 6.97%. MU has just been a tremendous stock both times we've owned it for this strategy.
Terikan
Site Admin

Three portfolio changes

PostWed Jun 11, 2014 3:47 pm

We are exiting SBUX, ATK, and MDLZ. Our lockout period regarding ATK paid off for the most part, and with a little more strength it would have survived. It may yet go on to perform well, but we won't be in it, at least not for now.

We are using SBUX's 200-day average, and ATK's 50-day. MDLZ is below it's 20-day. Even after entering three new names, we still have 6 on deck. Otherwise I would only focus on the 20-day.

Our three new entries are KORS, CELG, and REGN. The portfolio is up despite an overall down day, though this market just keeps wanting to go higher lately, so I wouldn't be surprised if SPY ended green.
Terikan
Site Admin

Market too strong, new stocks on deck $JOY $KRFT

PostMon Jun 09, 2014 3:54 pm

We can't enter them now, but Jim has given a weak buy rating to JOY, and a strong buy to KRFT that we will take when able. We still have KATE, ALL, IPG, VSI, and FDO to enter in the future as well.
Terikan
Site Admin

New stocks on deck, $KATE and $KORS

PostFri Jun 06, 2014 3:29 pm

Cramer had two more picks for us last night, but today it doesn't look like we'll have any eligible exits, so they are put in the queue.
Terikan
Site Admin

Exiting $RAD (Rite Aid) for $PE (Parsley Energy)

PostThu Jun 05, 2014 4:04 pm

In reaction to poor guidance based on drug costs, investors have started dumping RAD. It looks like it could close above some support levels, and this could be just passing weakness. This strategy must sell it before we find out which way it will ultimately go.

Ultimately I think it goes lower. And it could drop 10-15% before respecting a longer term trendline.

We will enter PE in it's place.

Cramer has also recommended REGN and CELG (trust name). They are now on hold for our next openings.
Terikan
Site Admin

Weekly Review - June 4th

PostWed Jun 04, 2014 9:15 pm

It's another good week in Cramerica. As I said a couple weeks back, I was really liking what I was seeing in the technicals of the portfolio, and it's played out nicely. We had two exits today, and no other stocks are eligible for removal. We are also in all of Cramer's buy calls except for PE, an IPO, and JNJ, which Cramer gave a weak buy call for Tuesday.

We entered DHR and PXD this week, and exited BEAV and ADP.

JNJ was our biggest loser at 3.64%, with GOOGL coming in second (after a sharp runup though), at 2.93%.

Our biggest winner was AAL at 7.59% gain, and ATK which I've moaned about for weeks has turned around by over 7%, and has hopefully put in a bottom. It has a lot of work to do to prove that. GM made a big move up today, ending the week with a 5.58% gain.
Terikan
Site Admin

Entering PXD, DHR, exiting BEAV, ADP

PostWed Jun 04, 2014 5:41 pm

I'm leaving out PE, though I think all the picks work equally well. PE has jumped up quickly, and would be a wildcard at this point to be forced to hold a month.

So we are entering PXD and DHR, and BEAV and ADP are below their moving averages, so we will exit them. It's nice to make cuts on days when the market is up, especially based on dipping below an MA. Strong stocks shouldn't be toying with their averages. It does happen from time to time though.

Cramer made a weak call for JNJ, we'll keep it in mind, but if other recommendations come in it will be put at the back of the line.
Terikan
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Leader Portfolios and Trading Systems